Extend superior QoE beyond your CDN footprint
Your subscribers value the quality of experience (QoE) you provide with your content delivery network (CDN). But what if you could take the next step and offer them the same rich QoE outside your network?
You can - by partnering with other service providers to extend your reach beyond your primary CDN footprint.
CDN interoperability is the key. With it, you can expand your single network or regional CDN deployments to a wider ecosystem. You do this by interconnecting your CDN with those of other providers. Working together, you can offer unified content delivery to a much broader market than you can reach on your own.
Alcatel-Lucent is leading efforts to create open, standardized interfaces that facilitate seamless interoperability and interconnection between CDNs, and between CDNs and network and support systems. These activities are a key part of Alcatel-Lucent's work with the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and related standards bodies.
Take a step beyond
Alcatel-Lucent's CDN Federation/Interconnect solution lets you choose the expansion model that suits you best. You can make this choice with complete confidence that the model will adapt and grow with your business. With the CDN Federation/Interconnect solution, you can:
- Reach new markets by interconnecting with a global CDN or with CDNs from service providers in other regions or countries
- Keep nomadic subscribers on board wherever they go by delivering the same QoE inside and outside your network
- Streamline your media operations by interconnecting your CDNs or those of your affiliates
- Manage traffic peaks and surges or provide additional resiliency in partial failure scenarios by offloading to alternative CDNs
- Improve your ability to negotiate deals by offering global reach to content providers
Unleash the power of advanced content delivery. Tap new business opportunities by increasing your reach and becoming an attractive partner for content providers. Take a step beyond your network with the CDN Federation/Interconnect solution from Alcatel-Lucent.
To read the Alcatel-Lucent CDN Interoperability whitepaper please click here